• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for some opinions on a cylinder/exhaust valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Monkey

Reaction score
During annual of my PA32-300 (550 SMOH) the #6 cylinder tested 69/80 compression. The rest were mid 70s. We could hear the air coming out of the exhaust. Looking with the borescope, to me it looks like the exhaust valve in the #6 cylinder has some signs of uneven burn. I'm attaching pics of all the exhaust valves- if you look closely each one is labeled with cylinder number. Curious as to any thoughts in general but also specifically about #6. I'm not super concerned about the compression number on its own but looking at the valve I'm wondering if we need to take some action? Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts!

-Eric

Attachments

• 2023 annual scope.jpg
    2023 annual scope.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back