• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for input for a new tail beacon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have read several postings on some improvements to beacons, changing to LED lighting and all, and the first "improvement' to my plane needs to be to replace the beacon that is not working all the time. like most of the time...

I was planning on replacing the fairing on the top, using a new fiberglass part, and wanted a smaller foot print to gain less drag.... want to use LED lighting to reduce load, what have you done and what worked, did not work for you ??... I like the Sunbeam II, not really big on the Whelan lights..

the photo is what is there now, so lets get it cleaned up and improved!.. Thanks,

IMG_0654.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back