• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy my first Aircraft after finishing my PPL. While looking through the logs of a PA 28 140 I found the following:

Rear Spar attach fittings under rear seats found showing signs of corrosion on upper side of brackets.
side walls removed to gain access. Brackets cleaned of corrosion and primed. Brackets show signs of pitting and should be monitored.

I talked to the AME who did the work and he stated the Pitting was minor and it needed to be monitored.

I’m just wondering if this is something that should be fixed or if it truly can be monitored. And if anyone knows how much work/cost it would be to fix.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back