• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

KN-64 DME

65Y

Reaction score
Also considering selling my DME. All digits in the display are working and looks in good shape as well. Will include tray and connector. Make me an offer.
Stack.jpg

Still undecided yet on whether to keep the KX-155 as my #2. If the price is right I'll consider selling it along with a KI-209. [Edit forgot to mention it's a -31, 14 volt with glideslope 760 channel.] Again all digits are working well and looks good. Just some minor rubbing on the silver. PM with any questions.
KI-209.jpg

Canuck

David Megginson (he/him)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had mine removed a year ago. For technology from the 1970s, it was actually surprisingly useful, and I relied on it heavily in IFR right up until I got my GPS. I think it would make a fine addition to an entry-level IFR panel, still.

65Y

Reaction score
Yes, when I got this I thought I was moving up in the world! I got my Instrument with dual KX-170b's (single glideslope), marker beacon, and a KR-85 ADF. Of course many today call this ancient! ;)

I did read how it can still be remoted to a GNC-255. So if it doesn't sell I may just keep it as a backup in case the GPS is down.

Latest posts