• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

IO360 PA28R200 occasional fuel flow drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

By9468840

Reaction score
hi
I am chasing a strange issue with my IO360C1C. Posting it here to see if anyone had a similar problem and what the solutions might be. The EDM data is also attached.

Every couple of flights I have a strange sudden drop in fuel flow at low rpm which causes the engine to stumble. It only happens after cold start (always before the first flight of the day).

My ground operations leaned fuel flow is about 2gph and I taxi at around 1000-1200rpm. Every couple of times, fuel flow suddenly drops to 1.1-1.2gph (FF data shown in the attachment with blue line) causing the engine to stumble. The EGTs are all over the place when this happens. It only recovers with slight increase in throttle and than the problem disappears. Mixture or fuel pump (ON/OFF) has no effect.

I am suspecting the fuel flow divider somehow getting stuck at low fuel flow settings. I never had once an issue in flight. Just cross checking with you all if there are any other opinions.

Baris

Capture.JPG

Latest posts

Back