• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Interpretation of Icing airmet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillB

Reaction score
I've "googled" this in the past but was never able to find the answer. In an icing airmet, what does the top number mean? In the below illustration just captured off the aviationweather.gov site, I interpret the icing airmet over the Dakota's and Minnesota as the icing conditions between the surface and 10,000 msl. However, I do not know what the 22,000 msl is supposed to represent - any ideas?

Icing airmet.gif

Latest posts

Back