• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Instrument repair question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I find that the need to reset my vacuum driven Directional Gyro every few minuets is an indicator that all is not well with it.... and looking for advice on having it repaired, or replaced. Since I am NOT an IFR pilot, and not really planning of going there for some time, what is the best option here... have it rebuilt, replace with a new one, or just install the new Daynon-D10A... or something like the Daynon...

As a side note, the turn indicator, ( electric) is also not well, and the AI shows a slight bank at all times... I have an Autopilot named "Man-U-well" that is also in need of work but I think that will just take time with a CFI...

I use Garmin Pilot on a tablet on the yoke for navigation and all the positive things that wonderful software provides,.... Have the Garmin GDL39 receiver to feed it but not the 3D one... It really provides me all that I have seen that I need on cross country flights... but having something new and fancy mounted in the panel may be better than replacing old instruments..

Also the clock runs fast, and the compass is dead, have a VC compass above on the center post. So moving a few things around may also be in order.. There have been some panel photos posted that one must really drool over but spending cubic dollars on the panel right now is not in the works..

Also I'm located in So Cal...

IMG_0658.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back