• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

indicator VOR/LOC/GS for MX-12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebRuss

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm trying to get my Cherokee set up for IFR training. My "master plan" is to rearrange my current radio stacks to get the right equipment. Here is a pic my current panel:
img_20130810_142244_890-166.jpg

I already have the Val Avionics INS-422 which gives me Marker/VOR/LOC/GS
School wants a secondary system with at least VOR/LOC

So the plan is to remove the KLX-135a (top center)
Move the transponder over to the right (bottom center) under the Garmin 396 (bottom right)
Move the MX-11 (center middle) up to the top center
Add the MX-12 in the center bottom column
Add the VOR indicator where the N803TW plaque is currently located
Like so:
dash-redo-254.png

I'm debating going with an indicator that also includes the glideslope and adding a glideslope receiver.

I'd like to hear your opinions on what indictor to use? I've seen Narco VOA-8 & VOA-9 and King KI-208 & KI-209

So which one? What about an ARC-514?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back