• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Troubleshooting GS/LOC/VOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwav8or

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I'm having an issue with my secondary GS/LOC/VOR indicator, a KI-209. When tuning a VOR it is very sporadic. Sometimes it will tune in but most times the needle will just bounce around (back and forth) and sometimes it will "tune in" but will be 50-70 degrees off. The localizer will tune in fairly well but not as sensitive as my primary. The GS will usually tune in but when it does finally start to indicate, I'm usually well past the OM on my way down the GS. We've already changed out the GS receiver and that didn't help any. At this point, I suspect a cable problem. How do I go about troubleshooting that? What equipment would I use? Any thoughts as to what might be causing the issue other than a cable problem?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back