• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

KI 209 glideslope issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19452

Reaction score
I have a KX155 with glideslope and a KI 209 indicator. Recently while flying a practice ILS I noticed that the GS needle seemed to be indicating correctly but the glide slope was flagged.

When I had the plane in for IFR cert. I told them I had an issue with the GS not working and I felt that the VOR seemed a little wandery. They opened up tail cap and looked at the balun antenna and found that when the plane was painted they had painted that area also and not removed the paint where the balun mounted which was keeping it from being properly grounding. They also rebuilt the balun and connections. Then they found a moles connector behind the KX155 was not making good contact on the glideslope. So I believe they replaced all 4 connections there. That work got the glideslope working and it worked fine for a while. Now I have the current issue.

I have pulled the KX155 and reseated it. I looked at the connections behind the radio and they looked good. I’m trying to narrow this down some and be able to give them as much information as possible.

The localizer works. The GS seems to indicate fine but is flagged. What else can I check?

Latest posts

Back