• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

In a dilemma about a crop duster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebRuss

Reaction score
Hello All
I'm looking for some input on a tough decision. Twice now I've had an issue with a local crop duster at a local airport. I'm considering reporting him.

Incident 1 - Shortly after rotation and just a couple hundred feet off the ground I called upwind. I hear a call that a craft is base turning final at the opposite end of the runway. We were coming right at each other. I announced my position again and turned 45 degrees to the right and observed a bright yellow crop duster on short final just as I got out of the way. I had announced my intentions all the way from the ramp through taxi and takeoff. Scared me a bit and had I not been really paying attention this might have gone far worse.

Incident 2 (about a month and a half later) Called my approach from 5 miles then on down wind and base. Just turning final when I hear another craft call final straight in. I observe the same crop duster fly under us on final heading to land. We did a go around to avoid hitting him.

I feel this other pilot or pilots has put us in danger twice and I think I might need to report them. I am not sure if this is the same pilot or another flying for the same company. I just cannot excuse this dangerous behavior.

What do you all think I should do?

Regards
Russ

Latest posts

Back