• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AITA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the scenario.

Just landed, doing some pattern work at the uncontrolled home drome in the Cherokee six. 172 driver was going over the top teardrop 45 downwind. I get to the hold short line. First 172 was downwind, about to turn base. Another cessna driver was "over the top midfield for right teardrop for left downwind". Man that's a mouthful. Only he was over the top but abeam...not midfield. Anyway, I advise there's deer crossing the runway. First 172 announces turning base. I announce departing 27 remaining pattern. Upwind I get chewed out for jumping in front of an aircraft on final. After he gets re-established he announces "we're gonna try this again" in a real pissy voice. I saw him the whole time I was really taken aback. He hadn't announced final. He had just announced and turned base when I launched.

Here's his flight aware track. Dude never even made final. Before breaking it off to the right.

So...am I the a-hole? Seriously, lemme know if I am.
Screenshot_20240104-173849.png

Latest posts

Back