• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

IFD & ADS-B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
I keep having issues with the convenience features. I paid $185 (way too much IMO) to get the Avidyne dealer to load the software update. The only thing I cared about in the update was the ability to display weather and traffic on the IFD100 app. So I called up Avidyne to get them to help walk me through the setup. Long story, short, after 30 minutes with the master switch on, I am told that what I want to do is not possible. The IFD440 will not route weather, traffic from my stratus2 to the IFD440 to the IFD100, rendering the IFD100 app all but useless to me. Additionally, I still cannot load routing from foreflight to the IFD. I can load routing from the IFD to foreflight. Again less than useful. I have looked at all of the tutorials, repeatedly. I was referred to Gary Reeves, CFI of the year, if I wanted further 'help'. After all the waiting for the 'update', money, I am no further ahead than I was. no more 'free' updates for me

Honestly, If I had to do it over again, I would have kept the Garmin and put the money in a TruTrak autopilot. much better off, much less frustration.

Any one want to swap out their GNS430 WAAS for an Avidyne440?

Latest posts

Back