• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

IFD 10.2.3.1 firmware and IFD trainer v2 available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The v2 trainer software reflects some trainer app improvements, but also contains the 10.2.3.1 firmware update, which is a major release despite not rolling over the first decimal -- apparently a sort of certification finessing. The GPS date rollover patch is available separately now, but 10.2.3.1 also contains that.

The below is from the Avidyne forums, I haven't had a chance to look yet.

* Orest

- - - - - - - - -

The IFD Trainer for 10.2.3.1 is now in the App store.

At first start there is a form to complete with name, address, tail#, etc. and before that a few words describing some of the new stuff. This is a one-time step that is then skipped subsequently.

Those with Jepp subs will need to download all the dbs again (Terrain, Obstacles, Mapdata, Navdata), but cycle 1904 is available now.

As I think Steve has already shown there is a new line at the top with different possibilities beyond the sim state. Avidyne has a Youtube channel with tutorial videos, and the tutorial tab links to them. The documentation links to pdf manuals on the Avidyne web site. At the moment these are still the manuals for the previous release, IFD540 PG is rev 6 from Mar 2018 so doesn't include info about 10.2.3.1. I hope that will appear before the release becomes available. But we can play with the new features in the trainer. One item that really jumped out at me was the increased visibility of the "Avi Plantain" (aka the Boeing Banana) ... Yeah ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back