• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

If it weren't sad it would be funny...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've been pricing a complete modern panel for the Commander I'm buying, and have pretty much decided on Aspen, I like the modular nature of their panels in particular.

Anyways, a big selling point of theirs is that their panels are redundant. If one tube goes dark, press a button and it 'becomes' another one. And they have battery backup to boot.

Due to that modular/redundant design, the FAA allows the removal of the vacuum gyros if you have multiple Aspen panels, you just need a backup attitude instrument.

"Great!" I thought, I'm all for throwing vacuum pumps away. "How much for the standby electric attitude indicator?"

4185 dollars, and a 750 dollar battery to go with it.

Gotta love the completely ridiculous and asinine market that is general aviation, huh?

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts

Back