• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How to remove the Century IIb Radio Coupler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickP

Reaction score
1977 Piper turbo-Arrow. We are trying to sort out some autopilot issues, and I'm trying to remove the Century IIb (PIper Autocontrol 3) radio coupler from the panel. The pin connectors on the rear of the unit are loose and likely causing various autopilot faults. I want to get the unit to my avionics shop so they can replace the pin connectors. It looks like I will be able to remove the coupler from the panel, but the center pigtail wire on the rear of the unit disappears into a mass of cables and ty-wraps in the back of the panel....I assume from the wiring diagrams that it eventually goes to the DG/HSI.

I really don't want to undo all the harnesses in the back of the panel to free up this wire. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the radio coupler otherwise?....is it possible to open up the coupler "in situ" and disconnect the pigtail wire inside? Does anyone have a PDF copy of the radio coupler service manual?

Any advice from the forum would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back