• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hello All: I Recently Bought a 74 Warrior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcontech

Reaction score
I bought a 1974 PA28-151 Warrior a few weeks ago to get my private license. I chose a Warrior because I like the low wing and the way that the airplane looks and flies compared to a Cessna 172. I wanted an airplane that was economical to buy, and easy to maintain and fly. I am an A&P and an avionics technician, so I also wanted to own an airplane and know the condition of the aircraft inside and out.

My airplane, N41316, still has its original paint (except for the upper surface of the wing and horizontal stabilizer) and has spent most of its life being tied down in the desert. It needs paint and front seat upholstery, but is otherwise in excellent mechanical condition with relatively low time on the airframe. It has the Ram 160HP conversion, so that is a plus for flying from Big Bear with its 6752 foot field elevation. The Warrior was built to be a trainer, and that is my mission. I joined the forum to learn more about the aircraft.

Latest posts

Back