• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Greetings and questions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirtyWest

Reaction score
Greetings all, first time here.

Myself and a friend are considering a partnership on a plane. Due to children (the small kind) we're bound to the 6-place category.

The C206 and the Cherokee Six first come to mind.

Both of our range requirements are similar, but I have a need to get into (and back out of) an 1800' grass field.

I am having trouble finding reliable data on the Six's performance in that area. Also, unlike the Cessna POHs Piper doesn't print penalties for dry grass and the like.

This strip is on a waterfront so there is no need for a 50' obstacle number, but I would rather not chew up 1500' in ground roll. It's also at sea level which is in my favor.

Can anyone provide some guidance? I know I should have a year model in mind, but I've not gotten my hands on any model (save a roughly scanned one from '74) to zero in on what we want.

It's just a much nicer cabin than the 206 to take the family around in, but I don't know if the plane can handle the mission: short, grass runway.

Thanks for the patience.

Jim

Latest posts

Back