• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Go Around clean up order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a conversation with my instructor/partner in our PA32R-301 (SP) today. While we were doing power off stalls. During the recovery I first reduce a notch of flaps and then brought up the gear (obviously after adding power). He astutely said the POH says gear first. I have about 1500 hours in PA32s. The first I flew was a 1979 Lance back in the 90's. The Lance manual also says gear first also (OK, I'm dork I keep a manual for every plane I've been checked out in). My instructor back then had spent thousands of hours in P32s moving checks back in the day. He said it was better to do one notch of flaps then gear then the other two notches of flaps. We tried both ways in our plane today and it seemed to clean up/climb better getting rid of the third notch of flaps first. To us the third notch had much more drag than the gear. I figure I could get about 20 opinions on this! :p Frankly looking for some real word input. As I said I know what the manual says.

Latest posts

Back