• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin Area 560 GPS

miemsed

Reaction score
Garmin aera 560 Touch Screen GPS (Americas) for sale. Complete with everything that was included when new. A great touch screen GPS with XM weather. It is a Garmin 560 it seems I cannot edit the typo that says 550 in the title.

image-1594556576.jpg

I have upgraded to a GTN 650 and Garmin 796. First $800 makes it yours. I will pay shipping. Retail is around $1500 new.

Last edited:

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the moderator can make that edit for you, if not you might want to repost -- there is huge difference in missions between the two units.

* Orest

bartmc

Reaction score
Fixed.... I'd be the first to shove 800 bucks in your hand if I had it. I miss my Aera, it was stolen a few years back, I replaced it with a Quadra, iPad and now AV8OR... shoulda just bought another one.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bart,

Ouch, nasty. Was it stolen out of the plane?

* Orest

bartmc

Reaction score
Bart,

* Orest
I was living in MT at the time, I'm from the Memphis area. I rented a 150 there. It was in the rental car outside the FBO at Dewitt Spain airport in Memphis. It's just north of downtown Memphis, can't say it's in the best part of town but I wasn't expecting to have it lifted off me. I have my theories on where it went. I've almost saved up enough to pay for it. I'm going with the local outfit, that's more expensive than the other options I looked at but my plane is here and I can sleep in my bed.

I bought a Quadra on their black Friday sale, never really liked it. I write software for a living, I wouldn't write software that ****ty and expect to be paid for it. I sold the Quadra and got an iPad, realized that the iPad was mostly for ground based stuff and not navigation (Still have it, have yet to use it in flight after the first couple of weeks I had it) Then just bought a GNS530 with Bonanza installed around it :D it works great for navigation, has a built in stormscope too that scares the crap out of me with false positives. Then, I caught the AV8OR on sale for 99 bucks and it's worth that, not much more. It mounts nicely to the goofy Bonanza yoke and is solid. I would have gotten the AV8OR Ace for $300 but I spent all my piggy bank on the Bo and didn't have the extra $200 at the time. I want an Aera with XM or ADSB and would buy this one but every cent I have to blow on aviation is going to my 7 day IFR finish up course I'm attending soon.

bartmc

Reaction score
Bart,

* Orest
I was living in MT at the time, I'm from the Memphis area. I rented a 150 there. It was in the rental car outside the FBO at Dewitt Spain airport in Memphis. It's just north of downtown Memphis, can't say it's in the best part of town but I wasn't expecting to have it lifted off me. I have my theories on where it went.

I bought a Quadra on their black Friday sale, never really liked it. I write software for a living, I wouldn't write software that ****ty and expect to be paid for it. I sold the Quadra and got an iPad, realized that the iPad was mostly for ground based stuff and not navigation (Still have it, have yet to use it in flight after the first couple of weeks I had it) Then just bought a GNS530 with Bonanza installed around it :D it works great for navigation, has a built in stormscope too that scares the crap out of me with false positives. Then, I caught the AV8OR on sale for 99 bucks and it's worth that, not much more. It mounts nicely to the goofy Bonanza yoke and is solid. I would have gotten the AV8OR Ace for $300 but I spent all my piggy bank on the Bo and didn't have the extra $200 at the time. I want an Aera with XM or ADSB and would buy this one but every cent I have to blow on aviation is going to my 7 day IFR finish up course I'm attending soon. I've almost saved enough up for the course. I'm going with the local outfit, they're a little pricey but my plane is here and I can sleep in my own bed.

JimC

Reaction score
Bart gave me his Aera yoke after his Aera was stolen. He's a good man and deserved better. He is spot on about that part of town.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well with the Bonanza, around the 530, you can navigate and actually go there! A very nice plane, but can be dear to maintain.

Best of luck on the IR!

* Orest