• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 430 transmit problem solved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stapler101

Reaction score
My 430 would transmit one day, not the next. It would receive perfect. My second comm worked great.
I bought the plane with the problem. The previous owner had even sent the radio to Garmin for repair.
We tried antennas, connections, grounds, reseating and a new audio panel,
Finally an avionics shop was testing the pins and found that the unit was wired to a power supply making it 28 volts. It had been set up like that since install in 2000.
He rewired it to 12 (14) volts and all my problems are gone!!
I don't know if previous owners (since 2000) just lived with the problem or if something happened after install that caused the radio not to like 28 volts.
The radio works 100% now but I can't help but wonder why this fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Back