• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 430 stuck on tray screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stapler101

Reaction score
I can't remove my 430 from the tray! The radio appears to be hanging on a screw that holds the tray to the rack.
The release is fully loosened and the radio will slide out about 1/2 inch before it hands up.
I an sure that 1 or more of the tray mounting screws were not fully tightened.
I plan today to try and slide a thin piece of aluminum between the radio and the tray to hopefully push the screw in enough for the radio to slide out but the radio is so tight to the tray I don't know if I can get something slid in.
does anyone have any ideas??

Latest posts

Back