• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel tank repair. Saga continues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLL

Reaction score
IMG_0722.JPG

When I removed my fuel tank, the leak was not from the sending unit gasket. It was from a mass of epoxy glop around the fuel line fitting. Someone had sealed the unit with silicon and lots of epoxy. My IA was pretty livid at when he saw. With a Dremel, work and patience i was able to remove the epoxy and sealant. Yep, it leaks where the fitting is riveted to the tank.

And suggestions on whom can fix / reseal the tank? I've found a couple of places, including Woodstock Aircraft in NY.

Thanks very much again.

Gary

Latest posts

Back