• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

fuel boost pump for turbo arrow

sparrow

Reaction score
any thoughts on reason my tsio-360 turbo continental in piper T arrow wont idle with the low boost pump off ?

transworld

Reaction score
On mine if I turn the low boost pump on at idle or taxiing I have to immediately lean the mixture or it nearly snuffs out with too much fuel (Rich)
so you have a fuel supply problem

Check for easy stuff first
1)Left front fuel strainer
2)take off a fuel cap then run it to check your fuel breathers
3)Change sides with fuel tap to ensure both sides are the same
then from there you are into checking your mechanical pump

let us all know what you find happy hunting

philiplane

A&P, IA, CFI, CFII, MEI,
Reaction score
you both need the fuel injection system to be set up correctly.

this requires a set of accurate pressure gauges, and a knowledgeable mechanic. NOT a job for a novice.

transworld

Reaction score
Have to agree with the above most guys are just fiddling to get full fuel flow on climb to keep them cool

There are many adjustments on the pressure and adanoid valve area that can be screwed up

sparrow

Reaction score
update
the "throttle body" was leaking Sent in for overhaul to fix the problem Expensive !!