• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel bled from left tip to right main ???? How??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daverehm

Reaction score
I filled up all four tanks on my Cherokee 235. I flew for around an hour. 30 min on right main, then 30 min on left main. When I got to my hanger my passenger noticed gas coming out the drain valve on my right main. I took the cap on my right main and it was completely full. I checked the rest of the tanks. Rt tip full, left main looked right(around 18 gallons left) but the left tip was only half full. Any idea how the left tip tank could bleed over to the right main?

Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back