• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

For Sale: GTX330, KT79, NSD360A HSI

Heftiger

Reaction score
We just had some avionics work done. Looking to sell off the removed parts.

Garmin GTX 330 Transponder (not ES) with tray and connector. As removed, working with no known issues.
$1200
IMG_6416.jpg

King KT79 Transponder with tray.
This was a spare transponder in the plane.
As removed, working with no known issue.
$500
IMG_6412.jpg

Century NSD360A Slaved HSI with flux detector and amplifier.
Had an issue with slaving not always working. We ran it in free gyro mode.
As removed, working condition.
Make Offer
IMG_6419.jpg

Last edited:

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Regarding the HSI, do you think that it was the head unit or one of the other two units that you were having trouble with? Been looking for a backup indicator in case mine goes south.

Heftiger

Reaction score
Regarding the HSI, do you think that it was the head unit or one of the other two units that you were having trouble with? Been looking for a backup indicator in case mine goes south.
I believe it to be one of the other two units, but I don’t have any way to know for sure.

Yesterday we did some diagnostics on some other equipment in the tail that was on the same circuit as the flux detector. We found a bad ground that was causing some issues. Everything MIGHT actually be good, the ground could’ve been causing the slaving issue all along.

We should be headed back to the avionics shop today. I’m going to ask how much it would cost to bench test the setup to figure out for sure what’s up.

Heftiger

Reaction score
Talked to the avionics shop today. They don’t want anything to do with the NSD360A other than to pull it out of airplanes. So all the info I have is that the slaving wasn’t working when we pulled it. I can’t say for sure what the issue was.

sweetride

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just had some avionics work done. Looking to sell off the removed parts.

Garmin GTX 330 Transponder (not ES) with tray and connector. As removed, working with no known issues.
$1200
View attachment 17353

King KT79 Transponder with tray.
This was a spare transponder in the plane.
As removed, working with no known issue.
$500
View attachment 17354

Century NSD360A Slaved HSI with flux detector and amplifier.
Had an issue with slaving not always working. We ran it in free gyro mode.
As removed, working condition.
Make Offer
View attachment 17355
Interested in the GTX330.

sweetride

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you want to go about getting paid. This is for a flight school - I'm the maintenance manager. I usually purchase everything with a credit card but if you'd prefer a check or some other method, let me know. I'm in Walla Walla, Washington

Klr94ss

Advanced Aviation Reno
Sponsor
Reaction score
I do believe as well that lack of a good chassis ground at that location where the slaving unit was that then caused problems with the stormscope once the slaving unit was removed may have been the issues with the slaving not working for you now and then.
I did do the CDI tests thru the GNS430 before removal of the HSI and all the needle deflections were correct with no issues, same with all the flags, so in my opinion as well I do believe the HSI head unit to be fully operational with the Flux slaving issue being with the slaving unit that was located back in the tail.

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I believe it to be one of the other two units, but I don’t have any way to know for sure.

Yesterday we did some diagnostics on some other equipment in the tail that was on the same circuit as the flux detector. We found a bad ground that was causing some issues. Everything MIGHT actually be good, the ground could’ve been causing the slaving issue all along.

We should be headed back to the avionics shop today. I’m going to ask how much it would cost to bench test the setup to figure out for sure what’s up.
Given that, any thought at all what you'd want to get out of it? Mine's working ok at the moment...like I said, it would just be nice to have a spare in case something happened.

skywag

BE300 CE500 DA-50 LR-JET
Reaction score
.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶ .....when.....