• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Flight Plan: Knots or MPH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a silly question, but please hear me out ...

I have a 1965 PA28-180, SN 28-2990, and it has both mph and knots on the airspeed indicator, but the mph is prominent when viewing it, which is located on the outside. The knots is smaller and located in the inside of the AI. I'm used to using knots but when I started flying my Cherokee, I struggle between the two. When the cockpit workload becomes heavy, I tend to look at the mph, forgetting it's mph.

When filing a flight plan, I convert the MPH to Knots. 124 mph cruise = 107 knots. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? If so, what did you do to overcome? I wished that I could change out the facing, but I don't think I can and I'm not willing to spend a lot of money to replace the AI at this time.

-stacystacy

AirspeedIndicator.jpg

Latest posts

Back