• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Eyeball Vents on 1969 PA-32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jestratton390

Reaction score
Just purchased a 1969 PA/32-300 and noticed only one ceiling eyeball vent was pushing air during my test flight. After purchase, my wife and I realized that the previous owner had stuffed, well, stuff up in the rest to shut them off so clearly they do not close correctly. Absent duct taping (ain't happen'n says my co-pilot) or expensive after market new vents, we've been fruitlessly looking on-line for a rubberized cover that would fit tightly over the individual vents, something similar to an 'old' (from the 90's) film canister top. For those not familiar with the model year, there is no On/Off master pull rod in the ceiling like on a Bonanza or a newer Cherokee perhaps. New vents are in the cards down the road during an interior refresh so just need a temp solution now if anyone has a brilliant idea that has been working for them.

Latest posts

Back