• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Expected tire wear PIREP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
February 2016 I replaced all three tires on my Arrow II with Goodyear Flight Custom III and Michelin AirStop tubes.

Now, 30 months later and 540 take offs and landings, the mains are nearly done. There is some tread left, but not a lot.

Anybody have a similar number on their tires?

I rotated them at my annuals, as there was a little uneven wear from inside to outside (not much, but I figured it would, and did even them out). I also spun balanced them when I mounted them. They have been great, no issues and the nose is still like new.

Considering Dresser Elite Premium retread on a Flight Custom III case. Figured it’s half the cost and I could see if they wear the same.

Dave

Latest posts

Back