• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

exhaust plug engine saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mv_myrx

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen these before? There an exhaust plug. They are used on all high performance and race car engines. I have also seen them used on marine engines. Being close to the ocean and in a high humidity area my AP explained that as the engine cools after shut down the open exhaust valves let moist air enter the cylinder and cause rust and corrosion. I know this but never really thought about how to stop it till he showed me these. As it turns out they are made by someone we both know that himself is an AP that makes aircraft tools. So I got the info from the maker "Walt" and thought I would share it here. As I had just spent half the day before unplugging a static line that did not have a pitot cover. They will both be covered when I get out of the plane from now on. I cover my plane everyday to keep moisture out of the plane, Now I will be plugging the exhaust and pitot to keep moister out of my engine and instruments too.
[attachment=2:190iwg3p]exhaust plug.jpg[/attachment:190iwg3p]
There are 2 sizes and come as singles or pairs.

[attachment=1:190iwg3p]downloadsm.jpg[/attachment:190iwg3p]
[attachment=0:190iwg3p]downloadlg.jpg[/attachment:190iwg3p]
You can get them from Walt at: [email protected]
They are well made and are less than $25.00 for a pair including priority mail shipping.

Attachments

• exhaust plug.jpg
    exhaust plug.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 747
  • downloadsm.jpg
    downloadsm.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 744
  • downloadlg.jpg
    downloadlg.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 744

Latest posts

Back