• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Engine Overhaul Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arob16

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Our '76 Arrow II is going to be due for engine overhaul later in 2020 (IO 360 C1C). I'm looking at our options now, it appears that we may be in a financial position to install a factory OH engine, but that is definitely a boutique/pricey option ($30K-35K before install?). I am going to start shopping neighborhood overhaul shops early in 2020 to gauge that option as well (aircraft is based in Dallas, TX). Any feedback on your experience with Lycoming factory vs. shop-OH, or any tips in general to guide me is appreciated. If someone has a reputable overhaul shop in Dallas/Fort Worth I should check out let me know. This will be my first engine overhaul experience.

Edit* - By factory overhaul I guess I mean factory "rebuild"... where you install a "not-new" factory engine. But this shows what I'm still learning... :)

Adam

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back