• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

EGT CHT TIT Settings For Turbo PA-32R SP During Cruise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulumike

PA-32R-301T, BE36
Reaction score
A quick question for all of you Turbo Saratoga PA-32R-301T SP owners. During cruise, what are your typical settings or limits used for EGT, CHT, and TIT for 75% HP? I typically cruise at 15-16K and at a power setting just a little under 75%, (27-28 MP and 2300 rpm). These settings result in 171-175 TAS. I use an EI to monitor my engine temps. At these power settings and with a leaned mixture my max EGT is ~1550-1580 degrees. Most other cylinders are ~1500 degrees (my #4 cylinder runs 60 degrees hotter than the others), TIT is around 1580ish and I typically keep the TIT under 1610 degrees at all times. This results in a fuel flow of ~17.8-18.4 gal/hr. Do you consider these temps too high or about right? I welcome your inputs! Fly safe!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back