• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

CHT's in climb and cruise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering what most of the Saratoga Turbo SP's are running in the climb and cruise for CHT's.
I usually climb at 2500 (3 Blade) and 28-29 inches (intercooled). I start to lean slightly around 5000 due to a rough running engine if I don't lean per the POH. My CHT's stay in the 350 degree range (#3 highest) until passing 8000 and the #3 reaches 380/390. Cruise is normally 10,000, 2400/22.5 @18GPH with highest EGT (#3) around 1425 and TIT close to that. The 830 says 65% power.

I know that there are a lot of variables here such as temp and alt but are these numbers normal? I am running over 100 degrees rich. POH says to stay below 475 for CHT's but I have read to stay below 400. Any thoughs on this??

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back