• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Door Seals on a PA28 180B 1964

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yachtjim

Reaction score
The aft part of my door is letting air in. I checked it all out closely today. The front part of the door seal is very compressed. About halfway back on the top of the door the compression transitions from the fully compressed front to not compressed at all in the back. So it seems like my door is too tight in front which may not be allowing it to close in back. Does this make sense?

I know there are the hinges at the front. What I'm thinking is that I'll have to put some washers (spacers) between these and the fusalage to make the door not so tight in front. Then put a new door seal in place. Is this job way to difficult for a DIY'er working on the tarmac with a tool bag, or should I give it to the shop?

Latest posts

Back