• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Display GPS 1 & 2 on G5 HSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m installing a G5 HSI as part of the GFC 500 autopilot. The shop called this morning to ask wether I wanted both my GTN750xi and GNS430W to display on the HSI or if the 430W should supply only the 106 CDI.
IF THE G5 displays both then as I understand it the 106 would only display VHF NAV. This setup would make an LPV approach on the 430 look the same as one on the 750 and that sounds like a good thing from a standardization stand point. I suppose this would also allow the autopilot to fly an approach off the 430.
On the other hand, if the 106 could display LPV data then I would have instrument redundancy in the event the G5 failed.
What have others done? Thoughts appreciated.

Latest posts

Back