• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Determining the features of my autopilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonsavage

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should purchase a new autopilot (like an S-TEC 30) or simply have the existing autopilot repaired in my Piper Cherokee 235. The manual seems to indicate the plane came with an autoflite, which should allow selection of nav source for tracking. However, this autopilot has an on/off switch, a heading button, and a L/R with a knob. There's no nav source input to be found.

Is it possible the autopilot was replaced at some point? Or am I missing a knob? The logbooks make no mention of an autopilot replacement. The question came up due to the fact that my avionics guy indicated I needed to replace that unit, and the part number he gave me corresponds to a selector for choosing the navigation input.

Latest posts

Back