• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Customs new Washington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PilotPete

Reaction score
I am doing another trek from Ottawa, Canada to the Bahamas at the end of March (if I survive this winter!!). Can't wait. This time I hope I don't get chased out by a hurricane like I did 4yrs ago.

So I'm looking for a place to clear customs around the Washington area, without having to fly in the SFRA. So Dulles, Manassas, and Leesburg are out.

Last time I used Chesterfield, near Richmond, but depending where you look, customs may/may not service that airport any longer. I called customs at Dulles and they said no re Chesterfield, but Airnav and US Customs' own list of customs airports from their website both say it does.

Actually, the list from the US Customs website indicates that both Chesterfield and Winchester Cty have customs service, but I called the Winchester FBO and they said no. So I think the list of out of date.

Anyone from that area know where a guy can clear customs near but W of the SFRA? Inquiring minds want to know...!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back