• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Crazy market but be sure to do your research

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So as many of you know I am looking for a 6 or a Lance. I just walked away from a really nice Lance, or what sounds like a really nice Lance. Owner is an older gentlemen and I dont know if he is in over his head, or if he is a jerk. I found the airplane had an NTSB accident in 1980 he claims he knew nothing about, and I discovered he is missing his first logbook, which he claims he knew nothing about. Ironically the accident is in that missing logbook.
I was still interested in the airplane and he accepted a proper value decrease with the new information.
All excited I went up to do the pre buy and left in 30 mins. Airplane covered in corrosion, but he claims his 85 year old mechanic is the best in the business. Corrosion so bad it has missing rivet heads!

What really bothers me is his add is still up, and still original! Its still missing all of the information about the logs and the accident history......

Be careful!

Latest posts

Back