• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 180C or Cherokee 250

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabr800

Reaction score
I've had my 1965 Cherokee 180C for 22 years.
Spent a ton of money on many things like over 20 STC's on the plane, new paint (20 years ago), new Interior (16 years ago), new roller tappet A4A engine w only 300 hours on it now, and a bunch more.

Instrument Panel is quite original with a Garmin 250XL, KX-155 w G/S, Garmin 327 xpndr.

Getting ready to throw $15-$20k at it again soon for Tru Trak Autopilot, Couple of G-5's, ADSB Xpndr, and a total panel redo.

Everything works and the plane is great.

As a somewhat recent retired person I'm thinking I want more !!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask me why, I just want more.

Thinking I might go find a Cherokee 235 that has been upgraded to 250hp, and fix it up however I want too !!!

Don't really have an open checkbook like these projects take when you have to pay retail for all the work, but hey why not.

Used my 180C to teach 2 family members how to fly, and just played with it for a long time.
My new mission I recently discovered is called "Cross Country" and I'm loving it.

Long story short, I'm looking for some Devil's Advocates to give me some guidance here.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

IF2A2367 - Copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back