• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 180 vs. Comanche 250 and the purposes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcedvm

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been some time since I've made a post. Thank you all so much for the fantastic threads. As I'm sure most of you noticed the title of this post and had an eye roll due to the repetitive nature. However this time I thought I'd add in my personal uses to see if it makes a difference. I currently have a lovely low time 1965 Cherokee that I adore. I usually fly locally with 2 to 3 hour trips thrown in from time to time. In the past year I started seeing a girl whose family owns a condo in Naples, FL (I am based in SE Ohio flying out of I18). I now have an excuse for significant cross country travel. I am currently working on my instrument rating as well. With that said, it is important to mention my Cherokee has a very basic panel which I have tormented myself about upgrading. When I step back and think about it I fear once that happens I will want something faster. I do know that it is very tough to beat the utility of a Cherokee 180 and I really have no complaints about mine other than the pitiful panel. Now that I'm having a legitimate reason to consider cross country flight I'm contemplating an upgrade to something faster that may be more worthwhile sinking the moneys for a panel upgrade. My questions to those of you with experience is: 1) Do you often cross country in the your Cherokee 180s distances such as Ohio to Florida? And if so, are you satisfied or would you upgrade to something like a Comanche? If not a Comanche, then what? I don't foresee a lot of passengers initially until these longer flights are comfortable to me. I do have two children that will likely be passengers at some point in the near years as well as the new lady in my life. I greatly appreciate all of your help!!

Latest posts

Back