• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 180 fuel pump question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwamt

Reaction score
I recently had to do some maintenance on the fuel strainer on my plane. Right now I cannot build any fuel pressure with the electric fuel pump, but I had to open all the fuel lines forward of the firewall.

Which line is the input to the fuel pump? There's a tee right after the strainer that goes to the electric pump, which I assumed was the input, then the oulet would go to the tee on the outlet of the engine driven fuel pump which would basically by pass the engine driven pump. Or do I have it back wards and the electric pump just provides positive pressure to the engine driven pump?

I guess I'm wondering do I have problem with my electric fuel pump as it won't self prime or do I just need to start it without it to remove all the air that is currently in the fuel lines.

just fyi prior to taking the fuel system apart the electric pump would build pressure just fine to about 5 psi on the gauge and you could hear the pump slow down a little as pressure got towards 5 psi.

Sorry I'm long winded

Latest posts

Back