• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Century III Autopilot problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juddanders

Reaction score
I was flying holds today with my flight instructor and the autopilot was working flawlessly. After about 8-10 laps in a holding pattern, the plane suddenly started to roll to the right. It would not hold level flight. The Gold controller would not roll the plane back to the left either. If you continue to roll the yoke to the stops on the right. We reset the breaker and cycled the autopilot a few times but it continue to immediately roll the plane to the right. Anyone else have problems like this before? Is there a "quick fix"? From some of the reading I've done it sounds like maybe a connection is bad but I'm not sure where to start. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back