• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Buying an engine analyser, but which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
I am in the market for a primary engine analyzer to go into my Arrow II. I am having to decide between Electronics international CGR-30P-4-P or the JPI EDM 900. Both are offering rebates at this time. The EI unit comes in a few hundred dollars cheaper. I like the form factor of the EI as I can place it conveniently in the CDI #2 location above the throttle quadrant. This location appears to me to be ideal. The JPI seems to have more primary functions including the fuel tank levels. It would be nice remove dependence on all of the old gauges, including the fuel gauges. However, due to the rectangular form I would be placing it on the right side of my center radio stack, below the DME. Not the best location but the display is bigger. Like the G5s, I find the square forms clunky and unaesthetic. Yes, I know that the radios are rectangular, so I am not sure where my objection to the rectangular JPI comes from.
I am looking for opinions, observations on respective ease of use/installation, general perception of quality, anything to help with my decision. The $400 EI rebate ends 8/31. The $500 JPI rebate ends 7/31.

I have included the best picture that I have of my panel as it currently is configured.
. IMG_0680.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back