• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

BOOM BEAM

Pa32guy

Reaction score
SOLD. SOLD. Lo presti 35 watt hid boom beams. They are the square ones. 350.00. they go in the wing tips with square holes. I upgraded a couple of years back and still have these for sale.this is for the pair.

Attachments

Last edited:

epopper

Reaction score
Lo presti 35 watt hid boom beams. They are the square ones. 350.00. they go in the wing tips with square holes. I upgraded a couple of years back and still have these for sale.this is for the pair.
Can you give the part number? I’ve got lopresti tips and want to upgrade the lights but I’m not sure what I have in there now (as far as the name goes).

Eric

Pa32guy

Reaction score
They just call them boom beam. I will take a pic if that helps. The boxes I have are for the 55 watt so I don’t have part number. Giveme a couple of hours

Pa32guy

Reaction score
Can you give the part number? I’ve got lopresti tips and want to upgrade the lights but I’m not sure what I have in there now (as far as the name goes).

Eric
Updated with pics , lights on , and part no. They fit any of the lo Presti wing tips and they are bright

epopper

Reaction score
Thanks. I just want to be sure that if I buy something it's an improvement. I'll check to see what I have in the airplane tomorrow.

Eric

Pa32guy

Reaction score
Thanks. I just want to be sure that if I buy something it's an improvement. I'll check to see what I have in the airplane tomorrow.

Eric
If they are halogens then these are light years brighter

epopper

Reaction score
If they are halogens then these are light years brighter
Yeah. They were installed before I bought the airplane and the logbook information is pretty thin. I'll need to see them in person to know. I will say that the brightness is pretty disappointing...

Eric

Pa32guy

Reaction score
Yeah. They were installed before I bought the airplane and the logbook information is pretty thin. I'll need to see them in person to know. I will say that the brightness is pretty disappointing...

Eric
Then you will love these! If isn’t bright white and bright it’s useless in my world.

Pa32Pilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you upgrade to, given that you have HID's? I have the standard halogens (Whelen) in my Zip tips and I agree they are disappointing (good for recognition but poor for landing/taxiing) and far less powerful than your HID's. I was considering trying the sunbeams but hesitant to drop $1000 to be a guinea pig...

Pa32guy

Reaction score
What did you upgrade to, given that you have HID's? I have the standard halogens (Whelen) in my Zip tips and I agree they are disappointing (good for recognition but poor for landing/taxiing) and far less powerful than your HID's. I was considering trying the sunbeams but hesitant to drop $1000 to be a guinea pig...
I have the 55 watt HID from lo Presti I think they were three grand.
the 35 I am selling were2400 when new.

Latest posts