• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Black Max engine dehydrator issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCF18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently bought the Black Max being down here in Tampa and wanted to fight the humidity. In using it I have found that when I pull the hose/ plug out of the breather tube after using it a fairly sizable amount of water comes out of the tube. I estimate it to be about an ounce to an ounce and a half. It seems to be sitting on the top of the breather tube plug. It seems to happen within a day, as the same amount of water comes out if flown the next day or a week later. The unit seems to be running fine by the lights on the unit, etc and I make sure to place the plug above the breather tube vent. I am just wondering if this is normal or perhaps there is an issue with the unit? Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back