• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Birds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
Is there a protocol for dealing with them? Coming back from an XC this weekend, we were at 7,500' 10-15NM north of the home airport getting ready to land. I see what looks like a missile. It is a HUGE bald eagle and he was apparently interested in what I was doing up in his territory. He's coming right at me and I sort of froze up. He get's within, I'm guessing 30' of me then dives straight down. Do you just hold your line, climb, turn? he was coming in just off to my left and aborted directly in front of me. I was bracing for impact. I've had them swoop over at me but never had one get that close. I didn't want to make any sudden moves and negate any evasive action he might want to take. I figured he was a better pilot than me. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back