• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec or Aztec Engine (Lycoming IO-540-C4B5) Wanted

Stewart

Reaction score
I recently lost the R engine on my Piper Aztec C model - it had about 1650 hrs on it. I would like to know if anyone knows of an Aztec with at least one decent engine (doesn't have to be super low time, just not super high either!) on it that I could buy to use the engine and part out the rest of the plane. I need a 1968 or later model. My aircraft is AOG at KLAL (Lakeland, FL) - it is normally based at KPMP (Pompano Beach, FL). Or if anyone has just a good used engine for sale, that would be fine too!
(Lycoming IO-540-C4B5)

aeromar

Reaction score
I have 2 engines ( IO540C4B5 ) 0 SMOH rebuilt by Lycoming on august 24th 2007 also 2 prop 0 SMOH US$ 20, 000 each engine 3,000 each prop

ericbolt

Reaction score
We have a 76 Aztec for sale. Let me know if you want more info

mencarta

Reaction score
I recently lost the R engine on my Piper Aztec C model - it had about 1650 hrs on it. I would like to know if anyone knows of an Aztec with at least one decent engine (doesn't have to be super low time, just not super high either!) on it that I could buy to use the engine and part out the rest of the plane. I need a 1968 or later model. My aircraft is AOG at KLAL (Lakeland, FL) - it is normally based at KPMP (Pompano Beach, FL). Or if anyone has just a good used engine for sale, that would be fine too!
(Lycoming IO-540-C4B5)
68 piper aztec project aircraft

mencarta

Reaction score
This aircraft is my project airplane. It has almost everything done; things like windshield, tires, brakes, interior, avionics package, good engines, around 1600hrs TT, both engines and airframe!, stripped for paint, etc. are done. I have no props and no money to finish it. May be parting out (Engines/Airframe), everything sold as it is- no guarantee. Give me an offer @ 978-590-3730. Aircraft is parked at LWM noth ramp. Email [email protected]
I WANT TO SELL THIS A/C, MAKE YOUR INITIAL OFFER, YOU MIGHT JUST GET THIS AIRPLANE!

lOOK FOLKS, this is an example:
Engines Overhauled
List Price: $63,143
Core Value: $21,600
Exchange List Price: $41,543
Discount Amount: $7,177

mencarta

Reaction score
Lycoming IO-540-C4B5 Narrow Deck engines for sale
$6600.00 ea.

2 lycoming engines for sale. The engines are currently installed in a Piper Aztec and the purchaser will be responsible for removal of the engines.

Port engine 1634hrs with latest compressions 74 68 70 71 74 76

Starboard engine 1634hrs with latest compressions 72 68 78 72 72 78

The aircraft is parked at Lawrence Mun. Airport (LWM) and the buyer will be responsible for removal and delivery of the engines. The engines are sold as is with no warranty given, however both engines were working up to 2012 when the aircraft was being restored and it has no damage history. The 1968 Piper Aztec "C" aircraft is being parted out and other parts and avionics are available.

These are complete engines. Mags, alternator, starter, fuel injection, governor, ect. YOU Will remove it from the aircraft.No prop strike.

Reaction score
Damaged Piper Aztec C with E nose mod...Aircraft was in flying condition until damaged in
Hurricane Gonzalo on Oct 13, 2014. Aircraft has 2 new engines....Left 335 hrs since
rebuilt. Right 115 hrs since rebuilt. Propellers 515 hours both since new. Aircraft has
many mods including camshaft and GAMI injectors, cold air induction system, new mags, new
leads and spark plugs. New exhaust system on right engine and also new fuel servo. All
logs and documents updated.

Airframe - $7.5K with instruments and controls / NO radios

Radios - $9K

KMA24
KY197
KNS80
KX155
KR87
Sperry DI 1008 Radar
Loran 612C

Asking $65K for aircraft as is where is. If purchasing engines only $25K for the Left and
$30K for Right. That price will be engine removed complete from the engine mounts...props
included.
Aircraft located at the Grand Case Airport in St Martin. TFFG. Serious inquires only colin
[email protected] 17215547404

ready1998

Reaction score
Lycoming IO-540-C4B5 Narrow Deck engines for sale
$6600.00 ea.

2 lycoming engines for sale. The engines are currently installed in a Piper Aztec and the purchaser will be responsible for removal of the engines.

Port engine 1634hrs with latest compressions 74 68 70 71 74 76

Starboard engine 1634hrs with latest compressions 72 68 78 72 72 78

The aircraft is parked at Lawrence Mun. Airport (LWM) and the buyer will be responsible for removal and delivery of the engines. The engines are sold as is with no warranty given, however both engines were working up to 2012 when the aircraft was being restored and it has no damage history. The 1968 Piper Aztec "C" aircraft is being parted out and other parts and avionics are available.

These are complete engines. Mags, alternator, starter, fuel injection, governor, ect. YOU Will remove it from the aircraft.No prop strike.
Was this the Aztec that mistook the edge of the runway at KLWM last winter for the runway itself during a snow storm, and went through a snow bank and a few taxi lights collapsing the nose tire and striking both props in the process?