• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec Fuel tank repair/replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1978 Aztec F. I have to make a decision soon on my RH outboard fuel bladder. Not the tip. It has a small hole in it. Going thru the logs, it is very likely original. I have spoke with FFC, Hartwig, and Eagle.

Prices are close enough to not be a factor. $1,600+-$100 All offer 2 year warranty on repair. Eagle offers 5 year warranty on new. They all have volunteered with varying enthusiasm to test the cell for repairability. But if it is really 38 years old, not sure that is prudent.

Anyone have any insights? Looking for a reason why one brand is better/worse than another, if any?

Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back