• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec Focus Points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnggreen

Reaction score
My mission is changing with age and circumstance. I sold my Aerostar this week and am refurbishing a Cessna 180 "as we speak" for my retirement airplane. The 180 will be out of the avionics shop next week with maybe the prettiest panel ever mounted in a 180. Still, with engine upgrades and new paint, I'm going to be without an airplane at least half of the time over the next year.

I need another twin like a hole in the head, but that has never stopped me before. Considering an older Aztec with solid bones. I know airplanes well, but little about the Aztec. In looking, what are the condition points to focus on with this airplane; corrosion points etc.? I know I need a good pre-buy but what I'm looking for here is the points that should rule a candidate out BEFORE spending money on a pre-buy.

Jg

Attachments

• IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back