• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Avionics conundrum!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 1982 Piper Warrior 2, it's instrument equipped with no auto pilot and I have avionics issues. First, my yoke mount Garmin 295 has screen problems and is getting hard to read, something wrong with the screen and probably not worth repairing. Secondly, my KX 155 comm display is only working intermittently so sometimes I can't see my comm's frequency, Nav side is fine for now. I have no ADS- B system in the plane. I plan on selling this plane and getting a Cherokee 6 but I need to get this plane right to sell it and I don't want to spend dollars unnecessarily. So, I need a Nav/Com radio, GPS, and an ADS-B in/out to make this plane a fully equipped trainer. Engine is great with 1,000 hours till TBO. Do any of you gentlemen have recommendations about what I should do? Do they make a single unit that would perform all three of these functions? I'm going to call an avionics place and see what they recommend but I would really like input from this group. I'm located in West Tenn. Any recommendations for a good avionics shop in or near West Tenn?

I assume that with an otherwise solid trainer I'd recoup the cost of upgrading the avionics? It won't be a trainer after 2020 without ADS-B installed anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back